We’ve missed you, and we hope you and your families are safe and healthy.
While our office has been closed for the past three months, we have introduced new protocols to make things safer for patients and staff when we reopen on June 8th.
We want you to know that Midtown Manhattan is safe throughout the day, and that we have had no issues getting to and from the office.
A small practice provides personalized attention and continuity of care. We see only one patient at a time, and have private treatment rooms. This means we are not producing aerosols from multiple patients concurrently.
We rotate rooms between appointments so that any aerosols settle for at least an hour, exceeding the CDC’s recommendation of 15 minutes. We disinfect each operatory after every appointment.
To further protect your health, we have also made the following changes:
- We ask that you wear a mask to your appointment until you are seated in the dental chair, and that you wash your hands on arrival.
- We will ask about your health and any exposure to COVID-19 or symptoms such as coughing, sore throat, or fever.
- We are adding a treatment device called an Isolite and continuing to use high-volume suction, both of which reduce aerosols.
- We regularly disinfect all surfaces in the operatories and throughout the office, and use protective barriers.
- Dr. Davidson and the staff have adopted robust personal protective equipment.
In dentistry, we have always been at the forefront of infection control. Taking every step to reduce possible infection is standard operating procedure. We are rigorous in following protocols for sterilization and disinfection to reduce the risk to our patients and our staff.
We look forward to continuing to provide you with excellent dental care — we can’t wait to see you!
Dr. Davidson, Paulette, and Arreanna